Posting Date: Open Until Filled
The Corporation for Education Network Initiatives in California (CENIC) is seeking a Systems Administrator to provide support for CENIC's
server and workstation environment.
Reporting to the Director of Technical Operations, the Systems Administrator's scope of responsibilities
includes, but is not limited to, the following functions:
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- installation, support, and problem resolution for CENIC's server environment;
- support and problem resolution for CENIC's workstation environment;
- support for various applications;
- hardware and software maintenance for all CENIC server systems;
- support for CENIC's Voice over IP system (Cisco); and
- other duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience:
- four-year degree in an applicable field or equivalent work experience;
- recent hands-on systems administration experience in a multi-vendor environment;
- experience supporting multiple geographically-dispersed machines;
- experience administering common infrastructure applications (e.g., web servers, email, mailing lists, etc.);
- experience administering all aspects of DNS;
- strong background in a customer service role;
- excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; and
- excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates with any/all of the following:
- in-depth experience with the UNIX server platforms;
- familiarity with additional OS platforms, such as Sun Solaris and Windows;
- proven ability to provide desktop support for Apple OS X and Windows;
- ability to work successfully in a diverse, team-oriented environment;
- programming ability in perl or a similar scripting language;
- familiarity with HTML and related web-authoring languages;
- experience supporting mission-critical systems in a 24/7/365 environment;
- experience with supplier relations/supplier management;
- experience working in co-location settings;
- experience with Cisco routing and switching equipment;
- experience with Cisco voice over IP platforms; and
- experience in a university/research environment.
- Special Conditions of Employment:
- must be available on-call 24x7;
- must be able to lift and install heavy (over 50 lbs.) equipment;
- must be willing to work after hours and on weekends for problem resolutions, upgrades, etc.; and
- occasional overnight travel may be required.
The Systems Administrator reports to the Director of Technical Operations.
Please send your resumes with salary history or current salary. Resumes can be sent to:
16700 Valley View Ave. Suite 400
La Mirada, California 90638
Attn: Systems Administrator
or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. "Systems Administrator" must in the subject of the e-mail. Applications will be
accepted until the position is filled. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This position will be open until filled. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
CENIC is an equal opportunity employer.